Important: Do not connect the base station to the local network (LAN) until you have completed Step 4. Provisioning cannot be initiated automatically if the base station is connected before then.
- Use the MAC address (label on the rear side of the device) to set up a base station (page Subscriber (Scr.) > COMfortel WS-500X) in the PBX for the COMfortel WS-500S or the COMfortel WS-500M, with its future device role as "DECT Manager and Integrator".
- Set up a subscriber in the PBX for every handset that has the device type COMfortel M-5x0. You need to know the handset's IPUI (page Subscriber (Scr) > Phone numbers). You can find out the handset's IPUI by reading it on the handset (press the control key and enter *#06#) or on the packaging label.
- Assign a base station to each subscriber (page Subscriber (Scr.) > COMfortel WS-500X > COMfortel M-5x0).
- Create a provisioning file for the COMfortel WS-500 device type in the PBX and assign a base station to this file. If the provisioning file is already present, you may need to assign a base station (page Subscriber (Scr.) > IP provisioning > File management).
- Use the LAN cable to connect the base station to the network and wait until the boot procedure has finished.
- Only COMfortel WS-500M: To set up a multi-cell system, set up the "DECT Manager and Integrator" device role directly on the base station itself.
- The base station then boots again and the provisioning file is automatically transferred from the PBX to the base station, to configure the device.
- The base station remains in Registration mode for one hour once the provisioning process has successfully finished. During this time, you can register the handset on the base station ("Settings > Registration > Register Handset" on the handset).
Note: If LDAP is set up and selected, the provisioning process copies the PBX telephone book (also called a "directory") to the template in all the handsets.